Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 14 October 2014

Slowly working my way back in to it.

Monday 13th October 2014

Cycling (00:59:38 / 15.93 Miles / 16.00 MPH)
Commute

Back on the bike and it was a lovely crisp morning but it's not going to be long before I have to get the winter leggings on.  Much warmer on the way home and not a bad wee ride.
This was the first ride trying out the injury and it all was good thankfully.

Swimming (1400M / 00:47:39)
Club Technique Session

Oh Dear God!  I was not looking forward to this.  back to the session with Coach Oliver and I was prepared to suffer as this would be only my 4th swim since Ironman and my first in 5 weeks.
Thankfully Oliver took it a bit easier on us and with a real focus on balance, streamlining and stretching it was a good session and I survived OK and actually felt like I was putting the coaching in to practise on a few occasions.

Tuesday 14th October

Running (5.00 Miles / 00:38:39 / 00:07:44 per mile)
Tempo Run

Whenever I have any sort of time off running I always notice that the basic fitness levels remain and I'm able to get back to distance OK but  the speed definitely suffers.
This run was pretty decent and the splits were very even and the overall pace was good.
The weird thing about this run was that I felt a bit uncoordinated.  It was a strange feeling that I just felt like I had lost my form (for what that is worth anyway) and was nearly making the run harder for myself than it should have been.
I can only put it down to loss of muscle memory for running a bit faster.  I'm sure It'll come back.

Actually...I'm sure the extra 7lbs of weight since Ironman don't help my fitness or form either.  I could do with losing a chunk of that before Dublin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment