Powered By Blogger

Thursday 30 August 2012

Don't bank on it.

Thursday 30th September

Brick Session

Cycling
00:37:39 / 10.92 Miles / 17.40 MPH / Cadence 83 RPM

Given that I have a Tri on Sunday, I thought I better do a bit of a Brick session to get the cycling and running legs back in gear.
I picked a route that would be quite like the route on Sunday, so the first half was up hill and back with a slight downhill.
Without being overly optimistic I felt as though it went really well and I am surprised at the average speed being over 17mph. 
Let's hope I can take this form in to Sunday - but don't bank on it!!


Running
3.00 Miles / 00:22:59 / 00:07:39 per Mile


The after-effects of the Yasso speed session were still lingering in my legs today and I definitely felt it as I headed out on the run.  Not so much heavy legs as sore legs.  Ironic really given the volume of training I have done in the recent past compared to not that much this week at all.

Given that soreness I was somewhat surprised that I was able to sustain a pace well below 8 min/mile all the way around, even on the hill home.

So - things look OK for Sunday, but like any Tri, it never pays to be too confident as many things can bite you in the Arse.
My goal for Sunday - the elusive sub 1Hr20min time.  Let's see how we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment