Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 29 August 2012

Really blowing - me, not the wind.

Tuesday 28th August

Swimming
1000M (21.35)
First time back in the pool since July. I thought I better try it again before the Tri this Sunday.  It was just he 18M pool at the Gym so it felt a little bit easier than the 25M pool in Lisburn.
I was showing off ab it by wearing my Ironman Frankfurt swimming cap and it also put a bit of pressure on me not to swim like a total tube.
I wanted to see how quickly I would go through 750M which will be the distance on Sunday and I was pleased to do it in 14.30.  This will probably be about a minute faster than the bigger pool - but it was fairly decent for very little swimming over the last 2 months.

Wednesday 29th August 2012

Running

2.44 Miles / 00:23:03 / 00:09:26 per Mile
(4 X 1/2 Mile intervals 3.09 /3.00 / 3.14 / 3.23@ 2.30 Rest)
Another Yasso speed session this afternoon at lunchtime.
The aim was to do each set at 3.15 for the half mile  - I was delighted and quite surprised to see afterwards that I did achieve it for the first 3 sets, even though I felt like I was blowing out my Bum on the 3rd one and didn't think I would be anywhere near the time.
The fourth set was really tough but still pretty close to the goal time.
Back to the gym for a shower and to get changed.  It was a complete nightmare getting changed and back to work as I continued sweating like a Pig for about half an hour afterwards.
I will try to fit this session in every week and it makes sense to do it at lunchtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment