Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 11 December 2012

It's been a while and a medical adventure.

Tuesday 11th December 2012

Swimming - 0 Metres
Cycling - 0 Miles
Running - 0 Miles

Scale of frustration 10/10.

The Achilles has gone AGAIN. Grrrrrr!

I am so frustrated it is unbelievable.  I seriously can't believe that I have yet another injury which is serious enough to prevent me from doing anything.
It hurts when I walk and there is no chance of running, or swimming or biking for that matter at the moment.

It is gradually getting less painful and it loosens up through the day as I walk on it, but it is clearly not right.
I am with the Podiatrist tomorrow and that begins the process of hopefully getting me sorted out properly - perhaps fitting of Orthotics.

So far with my foot injury and Achilles I have had to see a Doctor, a Physio, a Sports Doctor and a Podiatrist.  I hope that this is the end of my adventures with the medical profession.

It is about 18 weeks until the London Marathon and in all reality I think that I may need to amend my approach to the event.  I still feel that I can train to go faster and achieve a Sub-4 Hr time, however anything below 3.59.59 is going to be a bit unlikely.
Once I get running again I will focus less on the top end speed sessions I had been doing and will scale these back a bit and add some more endurance building slower sessions.

Keara was commenting to me that it is ironic that during 40 weeks of training for Ironman I didn't get injured this much or to this degree.  It's true.
I am guessing that the change from lots of slow paced training to the introduction of hard fast paced runs has probably exposed any physiological weaknesses and hence the subsequent falling apart which ensued.

But... onwards and upwards and I am confident of a return some time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment