Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 27 August 2013

Tuesday 27th August 2013 Post Holiday Blues and a return to Blogging.


It’s been far too long since I last updated the Blog to reflect the vast amount of activity I have undertaken over the last few weeks.

Oh wait! That’s right the lack of blogging probably reflects the lack of activity to some extent.

 

Since my last entry on 30th July I have done the following:

 

Run – 12 Miles

Open water Swim – 450 Metres

Cycling – PP Road Hills X 5 – 14.33 Miles (529M Elevation)

Run – 12 Miles

Cycling – 15.46 Miles (395M Elevation)

Tri The Lough – Sprint Triathlon – 1H24Mins

Run – 3 Miles

Run – 7.5 Miles

Cycle – 19.45 Miles (485M Elevation)

Run – 16 Miles

Run – 8 Miles

 

It’s not a lot of activity but at least I got a couple of longer runs in to at least notionally keep me on track with my Dublin Marathon training.

 

I still very much want to do Dublin but I am holding off on entry until the last possible minute in order to make sure that I don’t waste the entry fee.

It seems that the usual story of the Summer and having a great time on holiday and time off work is not the most conducive thing for my training.

Now though! Summer holidays etc… are over and it’s time to get a bit more structure back in to the training regime and hopefully increase the miles in the legs for Dublin and as a means to build a decent base ahead of the Ironman training which will start in earnest in November.

 

I was pretty pleased with the Tri the Lough performance that I out in towards the start of August and the time was not bad.  Not my fastest but definitely not my worst and I can safely say that it was my best performance this year.  Decent swim (for me anyway), good bike and a pretty solid run saw me deliver my best time of the year.

I still managed to get lost in transition and lose a lot more time than I should have – despite making the move to being a real Triathlete and racing sock-less!

 

My aim now is to continue to build longer runs and increased mileage over the coming 6 weeks or so and to hopefully shed some more weight and eat healthier and drink less.  I’d like to be going in to Dublin at my best racing weight for along time and hopefully injury free.

 

I think more regular blogging will recommence also – it’s a sort of therapy for me anyway.  I need it now that I’m back to work and the holidays are over.

No comments:

Post a Comment