Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 30 July 2013

Just what Forrest Gump said.

Tuesday 30th July 2013

Swimming (1000M / 00:21:31)

A short swim at lunchtime today. I'll be honest it didn't feel all that good for some reason.  I think I did my usual stupid thing of not eating properly before the swim and I felt low on energy.
How many times can I keep doing this and being stupid.
"Stupid is as stupid does!"

Cycling (14.09 Miles / 01:03:17 / 13.40 mph / Cadence 62 / HRZ 4) Elevation 518M

Tonight is the usual Club hill training night, except that no one else turned up.  Now, to be fair, two of the usual guys are doing Ironman UK this weekend and are rightly resting their legs, another is getting his bike serviced and the rest are just Pussies! I'm only joking, but I did plough on ahead myself.
Initially it felt harder doing it by myself with no one ahead of me and no one chasing me but I just knuckled down and managed to crank out some good repeats.
The 5 repeats came in at: 8:36 / 8:46 / 9:19 / 9:47 / 9:45.
I'm happy enough with that and it represents a new best time for me on the 5 set session.

My legs did feel smashed on the last set but I just bit my lip and got on with it.
Interestingly I noticed on some of the descents that I went the same speed if I just tucked in tight and  freewheeled  compared to when I was pedalling on the way down.

I really enjoyed it and am pleased at the small signs of progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment