Powered By Blogger

Sunday 1 September 2013

Riding Faster. Manning the Penalty Box and the new Bike Project can begin. Soon!

Thursday 29th August 2013

Cycling (18.31 Miles / 00:59:48 / 18.40 mph / HRZ 4 / Cadence 88)

One of my big goals for the year ahead on the road to IM Zurich is to improve my cycling and get a lot stronger on the bike, which hopefully will allow me no to just go faster on the bike but also mean I am less tired going out on the run.

I will be using this route every so often as a gauge of progress as to how I am going.
Its a decent 18 mile route with a little bit of undulation and typically some wind.
I went out and rode it reasonably hard tonight but not killing myself.  I focussed really hard on keeping the cadence high, over 90 and for the most part I achieved that really well.

Also this weekend I had my first experience of acting as a Technical Official for Triathlon Ireland at the Mourne Triathlon at Castlewellan.
It was a great experience and I wound up manning the Penalty Box.  This is where competitors who have been penalised out on the Bike route for things like illegal drafting or overtaking are required to serve a two minute standing penalty.
Needless to say there were a few people who weren't too happy but on the whole those that came in for a "visit" with me were good natured.
Would I do it again.  Yep, certainly would, although next time I will probably have to step up and take on a more responsible role but it's all part of the learning experience.

Finally!! My Cube Bike has sold! It's been on the market for a while and I've had to drop the price a bit - but tonight a nice Couple came and bought it.  It's probably getting decked out in a nice pair of Zipp Carbon rims and it will look brilliant.
It was a bit sad to see it go as that was the bike that I trained on and completed Ironman riding.

The good news however is that I am now able to start buying the parts for me new Austro Daimler TT bike.  I can't wait to get it built.
This is roughly what it will look like - minus the Zipp wheels.  Unfortunately



No comments:

Post a Comment