Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 22 October 2013

Leave a "tendon" moment alone.

Tuesday 22nd October 2013

Running ( 4.00 Miles / 00:36:31 / 00:09:07 per mile / HRZ2)

So only 6 days to go until the Dublin Marathon and thankfully my sore Achilles felt good enough to take an easy run.  Not that I am planning on doing a lot of running this week but it is still important to get out and keep the legs ticking over.

Thankfully the tendon held up well and I felt only a slight tenderness.  So a decent result there with my not too tender tendon!

I wish I could say the same about how easy and comfortable the run felt.  As is customary when I do easy runs the week before a Marathon I always come home feeling wrecked as if I have blasted the run.  I'm sure it's all in mu head so I'm not too worried about it as I'm used to it now.

Just one, or possibly two more short easy runs before Dublin.  I'm getting excited now that I'm feeling a bit more positive about the old body holding together.

No comments:

Post a Comment