Powered By Blogger

Sunday 13 October 2013

That's that then!

Sunday 13th October 2013

Running ( 17.12 Miles / 02:36:25 / 00:09:08 per mile / HRZ 3)

Well that's the end of the long runs done ahead of the Dublin Marathon in two weeks time.
My debate as to whether it was worth doing another 21 mile run or going a bit shorter and faster was decided when I agreed that I should join up with Keith and he wanted to do about 17 miles.

Hopefully Keith and I will be running together for as much of Dublin as I can stick with him.
We went out with the aim of doing 17 miles and holding a steady 9.15 per mile.

I think we had a great run today and I'm delighted with how it went.
It wasn't easy the whole way but it is amazing how much easier it is to put the miles away with good company.

I am feeling pretty confident heading in to Dublin now although I would seriously doubt that I could maintain the pace from the run today for the whole 26.2 miles - that pace would give me exactly a 4Hr marathon, which I would dearly love but I think it might just be beyond me at the moment.

Now I am entering taper time hope to do about three runs per week now with nothing longer than 10 miles and hopefully maintain a decent pace in the shorter runs.  The biggest challenge is to stay injury free an get to the start line in good shape feeling fresh.

2 weeks and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment