Powered By Blogger

Monday 30 July 2012

Enough of a rest.

Monday 30th July 2012

Running
3.41 Miles / 00:30:58 / 00:09:05 per Mile
(1.13 Mile Warm up / 2 X 1/2 Mile intervals 3.17/3.24 @ 2.30 Rest / 1 Mile Cool down)
I decided that having had 3 weeks of relative inactivity after Ironman that I would get back in to some sort of structured training again. (when I say inactivity I have to remember that I did a 5K race and a new PB at a Sprint Triathlon - so not really that inactive.)

The training has a purpose to improve my speed and today was a session called Yasso 800s.  Basically this is a half mile run at pace with a short recover period between the sets.

The aim for me was to do each repetition in under 3.30 for each half mile and I did them at 3.17 and 3.24 and was pretty pleased with the even pacing and I was concentrating on holding my form.  I have read that it is important to hold good form as you run faster as the speed is helped by a good body position.

A good wee session and quite enjoyable.  It might not be as enjoyable when I am doing sets of 8 or 9 of them.  That might hurt.

Cycling
00:54:44 / 15.36 Miles / 16.80 MPH / Cadence 85 RPM
It is amazing how quickly cycling fitness leaves you.  This was a straightforward non hilly ride and yet holding the pace felt like harder work than it would have done a month ago.  Hardly surprising as I haven't done much recently.
It was nice to get back on the road and the weather was pretty decent too.

No comments:

Post a Comment