Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 24 July 2012

Fast. Well, it is for me!

Monday 23rd July 2012

Running
5.30 Miles / 00:43:18 / 00:08:10 per Mile / HRZ 3


One of the things I have been wanting to do is work on getting my speed up after long months of purposely running at a slow steady pace geared towards building endurance.


Last night I went out to do a 1 mile warm up followed by 3 miles at around 8 min/mile pace then another 1 mile or so as a cool down.
Once I got the warm up mile done I picked up the pace and surprisingly found it pretty easy to hold on to a pace well below 8 min/mile.  The first pace mile went past in 07.34, the second at 07.33 and the third at 07.30.  I averaged 7.32 for the 3 miles which was quite a bit faster than the desired pace.
I have noticed recently that I am able to run faster than I had ever before and I am giving all the credit for this to the Ironman training.

It is now time to take advantage of the endurance fitness and build the speed up with an aim of doing a PB at the London Marathon next year.

I will keep on working on the pace and building the distances covered at faster speeds.  it is a good feeling to go fast.  Well, fast for me anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment