Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 4 July 2012

Cometh the Hour - over 1 year later.

Wednesday 4th July 2012

Well, it is nearly that time already.  Work is finished for 1 week, bags are packed, Bike is packed and we are ready to head down to Dublin ahead of our early morning flight to Frankfurt tomorrow morning.

I have done a little bit of training this week, all at very low intensity and keeping things nice and easy.
Monday - 2 X Hill sessions on Pond Park Road
Tuesday - 3.2 mile run round the Thames Path in London
Wednesday - 1500M swim in the morning

I have to say that the run around the Thames on Tuesday morning was amazing.  It was a mizzly morning but quite warm.  I ran from the Tower Hotel past the Tower of London along the path to the Millennium Bridge with a great view of St Paul's Cathedral and across the Bridge to the Tate Modern.  Past the globe Theatre and down to HMS Belfast and finally back across Tower Bridge to the Hotel.
A fantastic sight seeing tour of London in 30 minutes.

I can't quite believe that we are now heading off to Frankfurt.  it seems just like yesterday that I entered the Ironman - it was actually on 17th June 2011.  So actually over 1 year ago.



I am feeling fit, I an paranoid about getting injured doing something stupid between now and  Sunday and I keep thinking that I have forgotten to lack something important, like the bike!! 
I heard a great saying about Triathlon - "Go Long or Go Home."  I like that.

I am delighted to say that my Just giving total is now over £1100 which is incredible given that I was aiming to raise £500.  The generosity shown by people is incredible.  All I need to do now is finish.

I will keep all you blog fans posted as I approach the big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment