Powered By Blogger

Monday 15 October 2012

Interval training. You gotta love it! Don't you?

Monday 15th October 2012

Running
3 X 0.5 mile intervals
(3.20 / 3.18 / 3.22) 0.5 mile warm up & 0.5 mile cool down.

First run in 2 weeks and my dodgy toe is feeling better.
I decided to do a short interval session during my lunch break today and I am pleased that I squeezed it in.
I won't lie. It did feel tough but I knew it would.
This is all part of the effort to run faster and move on from all the long slow Iron distance training. I want most of my runs now to be a bit quicker than I am used to.

My aim today was to do 3 half mile sets each under 3 1/2 minutes with a 3 minute recovery in between.

Mission accomplished and most importantly it is great to be back running and not hurting.

Bring on the hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment