Powered By Blogger

Sunday 14 October 2012

Nice ride Kermit.

Sunday 14th October

Cycling
01:57:59 / 32.07 Miles / 16.30 MPH / Cadence 86 RPM


My first ride out with the new Lisburn Triathlon Club.  In fact my first club run of any sort.
It wasn't a bad morning and I was looking forward to getting out as I have been restricted to swimming for a few weeks because of the persistent sore toe and I also wanted to get meeting some of the other club members.

It was a good ride and the Latte in Lurgan was nice, even if it was not really needed on such a short run, but nice anyway.

I am really pleased that I managed to hold on to the pace (more or less) and even took some turns on the front of the group.
The Guys are really dead on and there is a good range of experience and I can tell already that if I am able to stick with the group cycles that I will improve, and that is one of my big objectives for this year - to improve my cycling.

I felt sorry for Arran, who punctured early in the ride and had to quit as he could not get it sorted.  It is horrible when you puncture and even more frustrating when you cant get it fixed.

I enjoyed the ride, the company and being part of a club.

Back home and a nice family afternoon to watch the Muppet Movie.  I think I am looking forward to it more than the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment