Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 14 November 2012

For every down there's an up!

Wednesday 14th November 2012

Running
(3 miles / 00:22:51 / 00:07:37 per mile)

Part of my approach to London marathon training is to include quite a bit more work at a pace faster than my desired marathon pace. Every week I hope to run a 3 mile time trial and the idea is. To. See the time drop and hopefully to get comfortable running in discomfort. Even if that's an oxymoron.

Tonight the mile splits were 7.29 / 7.33 / 7.49. That's not bad as the first mile is downhill and consequently the last mile is uphill, so the pacing wasn't too bad.

I'm happy enough but if I am to reach my marathon goal, I need to be able to do 26.2 miles at just under 1 min per mile slower than this.
That feels a really long way off but I have over 20 weeks and the biggest challenge is remaining injury free throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment