Powered By Blogger

Sunday 4 November 2012

Remember me? No. I don't either!!

Sunday 4th November 2012

I have had a bit of a crap time for the last 5 or 6 weeks.  The lingering injury in my foot has been nagging at me still and I have only managed to run about 3 times in the last 6 weeks.  Pretty pish!

I have been to the Physio over the last 2 weeks and the pain from my toe had developed in to a fairly severe pain in my foot.
The physio diagnosed this as an injured tendon between the big and 2nd toe and it was aggravating a sheath covering the tendons on the foot.

He also recommended something that I had been told to do about 1 year ago and never did.  Go to a Podiatrist and get fitted for orthotics.
My big flat feet may well be catching up with me.
He also recommended that I should get an appointment to have an X-ray just to rule out any chances of something broken in my foot.

Now, I have been paying a ridiculous amount of money to BUPA private medical insurance every month for the last 19 years and thankfully it came in to its own this time.
I got a letter from my Doctor to authorise an X-ray, and I called the Ulster Clinic at 10.30 to book an X-ray.  By 12.30 I had been in, had the scan and had the all clear from the Consultant.
Now that's what I have been paying for all these years!  I like it!

So at least it was nothing broken and I had my appointment with my Podiatrist and I have to go back to get 3D scanned for orthotics. (not my foot below - mine is A LOT flatter than that one!)



I have enough time to do this and get used to them and get a decent run of training in before the London Marathon in April.

Over the last few weeks I have been able to get a wee bit of swimming and cycling done with the Tri Club, and although not really enough, it has been enough to keep me slightly active without aggravating the foot again.

I am keen to get back to running and while I am on London on business this week I aim to get in a very easy short run just to break my self back in gently.  I need to shift the 14lbs I have put on since finishing IM Frankfurt.  NOT GOOD!!

The Tri club has been going really well and we have a membership of 30 already within 6 weeks of starting.  The Committee are active and we are close to finalising the Club Kit and have a couple of great partners on board with us also.
Things are looking good.

No comments:

Post a Comment