Powered By Blogger

Sunday 19 May 2013

10 Mile run and Riding with Big Ben. Not on the same day though.

Thursday 16th May 2013
Running (10.00 Miles / 01:30:19 / 00:09:01 per mile / HRZ 3.8)

Trying to bring a bit of a longer session back in again in preparation for the Lisburn Half Marathon on 19th June, I decided to take advantage of the dry evening and head out for an out and back 10 miler.
The weather was lovely and I actually had to roll up the sleeves on my long sleeved top as it was getting quite warm.  Really unusual for us as it has been coats and gloves so far this "summer!"

the outward leg felt really comfortable but the return leg was a tough harder as around two miles of it are back uphill, so the pace slowed a bit.

I am quite pleased to have done the 10 miles in 90 minutes and kept a reasonable average pace anyway.

Sunday 19th May 2013

Cycling (34.40 miles / 02:24:14 / 14.30 mph / Cadence 75 rpm / HRZ 2.7) Elevation 313M

The reasonable weather continued this morning, so despite some wine, cider and beer last night, I felt in good enough condition this morning to join my Club mate "Big" Ben Dooley on a ride this morning.
I wanted to do about 50 miles or so but Ben was too soft and opted for around 30!!( Just joking as I was happy enough with a 30 miler this morning.)
 
We took a nice route out through Belfast and over to Comber.  Our average speed suffered a bit on the way to and through Belfast as we seemed to hit every traffic light but once we got out a wee bit further we were able to hold a steadier pace.
 
The chat and craic was great and I really enjoyed the company and the ride this morning.  The route is one that I am familiar with and have done several times before, so it came as a wee bit of a surprise to me when we hit a few hills out of Comber towards Moneyreagh.  how had I forgotten about them.
Ben tries to claim that he is slow and not good on the hills but he was looking pretty good to me and I was happy to hold on to him on some of these rollers.
 
Then just to rub it in a bit, as we neared Drumbo, where Ben was dropping out for home, he decided to take us along the Mealough Road.  A lovely Road but plenty of ups and downs including a few short sharp snaps.
 
Once he was deposited home I made for home myself.
 
As usual I had the last couple of miles up hill home again but I felt like it was a good ride and it was nice to get back out for a couple of hours again.

No comments:

Post a Comment