Powered By Blogger

Friday 3 May 2013

Guess. Go on. Have a guess.

OK, have a guess.
Go on, guess.

As a triathletes what injury would you expect me to have?
Achilles – been there done that and got the bright Kinesio tape to prove it. Nope, try again.
ITB injury? – nothing so exotic.
Runners’ knee/ - Not even close.

Swollen Elbow? – Yep!
A bloody swollen elbow. That’s my current injury.
Unbelievable.

I am completely demented. The elbow has been sore since a day or so before London and it got really bad over the last couple of days.
It has been absolutely excruciating and is badly swollen with limited movement.

My self diagnosis is a Bursa.

“a condition characterised by pain, redness and swelling around the olecranon, caused by inflammation of the elbow's bursa. This bursa is located just over the extensor aspect of the extreme proximal end of the ulna. In common with other bursae, it is impalpable and contains only a very small amount of fluid in its normal state, and fulfills the function of facilitating the joint's movement by enabling anatomical structures to glide more easily over each other”

It is flipping sore and extremely annoying. Have you ever tried brushing your teeth with the wrong hand? Washing yourself in the shower with one hand? Having to bend your head down to your fork because your arm won’t go up the way? If you have done any of these then you will understand.

I have no idea what has caused it, but it is just another in a long string of injuries which are slowly driving me mad.

I think I am just getting old! I have had more injuries in the 9 months since I turned 40 that I had in the previous 10 years.

Hopefully it will heal up soon as I have the Roe Valley Triathlon next Saturday. At this rate I will be swimming with one arm, riding one handed and running like a one armed bandit away from a convenience store robbery. Sounds like fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment