Powered By Blogger

Friday 10 May 2013

I've got Cameron Diaz Elbow.

The Elbow saga continues.
I eventually got to see my Doctor and he agreed with my Google assisted self diagnosis of a Bursa on the elbow. Nice to know that Dr Google is as accurate as ever.

Pretty much for the last week I have had really restricted movement of the right elbow.
I have devised a 4 point scale to define movement.

Unrestricted movement – full ability to flick what’s left of my hair with reckless abandon as if cavorting down a deserted beach with Cameron Diaz.
Moderately restricted movement - able to bite my nails or pick my nose – without the aforementioned Miss Diaz. (Sadly)
Restricted movement – inability to put a fork to my mouth – thus resulting in hilarious left handed attempts to shovel food in to the orifice and getting most of it down my chin, chest and lap. (Don’t even start me on left handed tooth brushing – and worse!!!)
Gimp arm – virtually no movement resulting in the arm hanging limply at my side in a semi-flexed state. Think mildly camp Roger “Verbal” Kint / Keyser Soze (The Usual Suspects)


This week I have gone from Keyser to Nose Picker.

I have the Roe Valley Triathlon on Saturday. My first race of the season and once again I am writing about my hopes of making the start line despite an injury. This blog is living up to it’s Jellyman moniker alright.

I am desperate to make the event and am hopeful that the Diclofenac tablets will see me slide safely up to a Diaz Hair Flicking state of flexibility.

The event promises to be great with plenty of guys from our club making a debut this season and sporting the new Club Kit. Also I ma in a heat with 4 of my Club mates and my good friend and fellow Ironman Donald “New Bike” Smith.

Let’s hope that “The Verve” are wrong and that “The Drugs” do indeed work.

Fingers crossed, although that requires a bit of level 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment