Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 25 June 2013

Just one of those days where it all goes right! 5 Times Baby!! Gotta Love it.

Tuesday 25th June 2013

Running ( 5.00 Miles / 00:44:32 / 00:08:54 / HRZ 2.8)

I was wakened up by the bright sunshine sneaking in through a gap in my hotel curtains.
I had hoped to get an early run in this morning before the days' work started in Dublin but I hadn't planned anything really.
I got up to close the curtain and when I looked out I saw just how absolutely glorious it was this morning and it seemed daft not to take advantage of it.

So after putting on the running gear I headed out the door of the hotel at 6.20AM.  It was one of those fantastic summer mornings where the ambient temperature is nice and there is a stillness in the air.

The area where the hotel was is near to Blackrock at Stillorgan.  I ran down the Mount Merrion Road towards Blackrock Park and then on to Blackrock and did a little loop before heading back to the hotel.

If I had to live in Dublin I think this would be a lovely place to set up home.  HOWEVER  the several €MILLION needed to but a house in this are might be slightly prohibitive.  You would need to own a Bank not work in one to get a house here!!

Once again my HRZ was good for the pace I was doing.  Maybe I was just inspired by the lovely morning and surroundings or maybe it's the weight loss starting to pay off a bit.

Cycling (14.62 Miles / 01:03:09 / 13.90 mph / Cadence 69 / HRZ 2.9) Elevation Gain 521M

This is where I just felt that I was having one of those days where things were going my way.
I enjoy the hill sessions up the Pond Park Road but tonight I just felt like I was going really well and the feeling of  strength was the over-riding sensation.

I set off and was riding a gear that I normally wouldn't be able to pull and this pretty much continued for the whole session.  I did think that I was going to pay for it on later repeats but that just didn't happen.
I managed to maintain a very steady average with the 5 repeats taking (8.30 / 8.38 / 8.51 / 9.03 / 9.03)

I think that only slowing down by 30 seconds over 5 sets is pretty good going.

I honestly think that the weight loss along with being able to get some consistent training is starting to pay off now.
That is the first time on well over a year that I did 5 repeats of the hill.

I'm feeling the strength coming back - Bring it ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment