Powered By Blogger

Monday 29 July 2013

Good pacing and stitches come out.

Monday 29th July 2013

Running (6.60Miles / 01:00:00 / 00:09:08 per mile / HRZ 2.0)

A decent run which felt very comfortable - I kept it stead y within the Heart Rate Zone for the first four miles, then upped the ante a little bit and pushed the HR up a bit.
I felt very comfortable and am pleased enough with how this has gone.

Cycling (33.80 Miles / 02:01:22 / 16.70 mph / Cadence 69 / HRZ 2.2)

This evening was a bit of a tale of two rides.
I had arranged to head out with my Bro in law for a ride this evening as he is training for an 85 mile charity ride in September and he wants to get some hours in the saddle and build things up a bit.
Before meeting him I headed out on what I knew would be a relatively challenging and hilly route, starting with 100M of climbing in the first 1.3 miles, the same route we use for Hill training with the Club.
Fortunately for me I managed to stay dry as the sky was somewhat menacing but amounted to nothing.
I have to say that I am delighted that I managed to maintain an average pace of just under 17mph for the first 20 miles which for me is pretty steady but even more pleasing given the hilliness of the run.

Once I latched up with Nick we went out and did a 13.8 mile loop which was quite a bit flatter and the pace was a bit more sedate.  Based on the way he rode tonight, he will have absolutely no problem at all come September, it will just be a case of miles in the bank to make it more comfortable on the day.

I really enjoyed the sessions today and hope that I can sustain this sort of base building and avoid any of my dreaded injuries.

Speaking of injuries, Ben fell of his bike in Donegal and wound up with three stitches in his arm.  He got them out today but here is what the cut looked like after the stitches were applied.  Thankfully he doesn't seem to have any lasting effects.  Great scar to show the girls!!
**Those of a nervous disposition should look away now . . . . .**

No comments:

Post a Comment