Powered By Blogger

Thursday 12 June 2014

A bit of warmth on the bike at last.

Wednesday 11th June 2014

Running (01:00:26 / 6.75 Miles / 00:08:57 / HRZ2)

I took this run intentionally very easy as I wanted to keep the Heart rate really low and see what sort of pace it would translate to. It was pretty warm out but I'm pleased with the way it went and I really didn't feel like I was running with any degree of effort.

Thursday 12th June 2014

Cycling ( 01:27:08 / 23.59 MPH / 17.50 MPH / HRZ 2 / Cadence 82)

What a glorious evening for a bike ride. I've been longing for a night like this to get out on the bike.  Short sleeves, shorts and no gloves.  It was still warm and makes such a change from being rained on in freezing conditions.

I wanted to get a nice wee 90 minute ride done and try to stay controlled and keep a decent pace.
It all went well and this is despite turning on to a C Road from Ballynahinch back towards Anahilt.  I didn't even know C roads existed but clearly they do.
Unfortunately for me this one had recently been covered in loose chippings and I had to ride in the gravel for about two miles.  This wasn't just a puncture risk but a serious hazard for coming off as the gravel was pretty deep at times.
I made it through and as a reward, the road back to Lisburn had recently been resurfaced and was pristine tarmac.  I flew along this bit.

Happy enough with the average speed and relatively easy effort but more pleased to enjoy some sunshine and warm breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment