Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 4 June 2014

Looking young and feeling good. Not often I get to say that. Even if it's only me saying it!

Monday 2nd June 2014




Most important thing of all today is that my gorgeous Daughter Erin turned 16.
Now I know most of you are thinking Wow he can't possibly have a daughter that old, he looks so young, virile and fit.  How can this be?  Well it's true, I am really that old but I just hide it well.









Cycling ( 00:58:07 / 15.83 Miles / 16.5 MPH / HRZ 2 / Cadence 75)
Commute.




The commute went well again in both directions.  I am noticing that compared to a couple of months ago I am quite a bit stronger on the ride home and feel pretty relaxed up the big hill home, where it used to be a bit of a grind.


I have to do well on it a Brendan is nipping at my heels all the way up the hill.




Swimming (2500M / 00:56:29)
Endurance Swim




The Club swim tonight was our first session without Coach Oliver as he has finished with us for the season.  Arran had laid out a set for everyone, but I went off piste and did my own set of 4 X 750M plus 250M at the end.


I did feel a bit bad doing my own thing but I need the endurance at the moment and I didn't get in anyone's way.


It went really well and I'm delighted with the time and importantly I felt extremely comfortable throughout.  Progress in the pool is good.  I'm not necessarily getting a lot faster but I'm feeling stronger and fitter and the reality is that's what I need for Ironman.






Tuesday 3rd June 2014


Cycling (23.10 Miles / 01:20:21 / 17.00 MPH / HRZ 2 / Cadence 77)


My next race of the season is on Saturday and it's a really important one as it's a Half Iron distance race.  It's a key part of the build up to Ironman and it will give me a good chance to try out a lot of my plans, such as nutrition, pacing and execution.


I hooked up with the legend that is Ben Dooley and we headed down to do a reconnaissance of the bike route.  It's a three loop course and we did one full loop.
It's a good course and can be ridden the whole way in the big ring which, if conditions are Ok should mean a decent time.


Ben and I averaged 17MPH without really putting a lot of effort in, however the weather forecast for Saturday is awful so things will no doubt get a bit tougher on Saturday.




Wednesday 4th June 2014


Running ( 00:50:03 / 6.00 Miles / 00:08:20 per mile / HRZ 2)


This was an easy run tonight and the aim was just to keep the legs fresh and it went just to plan and in fact it was a real pleasure.  I felt light and hardly out of breath at any time.
I just hope this sort of feeling carries through to Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment