Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 10 June 2014

Back to it with a BIG day on Tuesday. Seven really is the magic number!

Monday 9th June 2014

Cycling ( 00:57:40 / 15.68 Miles / 16.40 MPH / HRZ 2 / Cadence 75)

After taking Sunday off to rest I got back in to action with the usual commute.  Nothing really to note, except for a wee bit of a chase up the big hill home with Brendan.  Both of us injected a bit of pace and overtook each other on the way up.  Good fun.

Swimming (1300M / 00:46:41)

This was pretty much a recovery session tonight as most of us had been racing at various events over the weekend.
It's funny to say but it felt really easy, almost too easy. It served it's purpose though.

Tuesday 10th June 2014

Running (00:56:53 / 7.00 Miles / 00:08:08 per mile / HRZ 2)
Mid Tempo Run

This was an early start as I'd agreed to meet David at the Gym beside work at 7AM and do a run for about an hour.
Thankfully it was a really nice morning and we chose a nice route up along the tow path and back again.  Despite it being an early run and probably not the favourite time of the day for either of us to run, we got it done and actually came back quite a bit faster than we ran out. 
I'm chuffed with the average pace and particularly the Heart rate.  It felt good and a bit of strength seemed to come through.  It was nice to have David keeping the pace steady as he's a lot quicker than me.

Cycling (20.41 Miles / 01:26:27 / 14.20 HRZ 2 / 14.20 MPH / Cadence 68) Elevation 741M
Pond Park Hills X 7.

I'd got it in my head (and in my training plan) that I will be doing 7 repeats of the hill for the next few weeks, so I headed out feeling fairly optimistic about the set.
I managed to get two repeats in before Aaron and Nelson joined, and then Brendan after another one.
It was great riding up with the guys and made the effort feel easier as we chatted on the way up.  There was no drafting but just knowing someone was beside you was a good boost.

I'm delighted that the seven repeats went well and timings were pretty consistent, with the splits being - 8.11 / 7.54 / 8.15 / 8.26 / 8.26 / 8.53 / 8.21 - Average Repeat 8.32.

The most important thing was that I controlled my Heart rate really well all the way through, even with the 40 MPH top speed on the way down again!

Running (00:18:51 /2.51 Miles / 00:07:32 per mile / HRZ 3)
Brick Session

My second run of the day today was pretty much straight off the bike with the boys. A straight out and back run with a big hill to come back up again.
It went well but the hill was a tough grind, but average speed was a bit speedier than I had thought I might do.

Not a bad day of training at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment