Powered By Blogger

Sunday 20 July 2014

Achilles be gone!

Friday 18th July 2014

Swimming (2500M / 00:53:00)

Finally!  After pretty much a week of doing nothing because of an Achilles injury, I was able to get back in the pool and knock out a reasonable swim.

My Achilles started getting sore again on Tuesday and on Wednesday it was really sore. After an appointment with the Physio and lots of Ibuprofen and icing on the tendon it has been getting better day by day.
It's just typical that with about a week to go until ironman Zurich that I pick up an injury and it's the old (un)faithful Achilles Tendon.


Sunday

Running (00:34:09 / 4.00 Miles / 00:08:34 per mile / HRZ 2)

This was going to be an interesting and important run for me.
It was the first run in almost a week and would be a good test of how the Achilles was  holding up.

I took it really easy just so that here was no risk at all. I'm both pleased and relieved that it went well and I felt no pain.

So, if all now goes to plan I should be able to get through to Zurich with no more problems.

I can't quite believe that it's only a week from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment