Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 2 July 2014

Strava King. (Sort of)

Monday 30th June 2014

Cycling (15.65 Miles / 00:54:02 / 17.30 MPH / HRZ 2 / Cadence 80 RPM)

After the long and tiring weekend away it was straight back o training again with the commute to work.

Usually when I’m doing the ride down the road to work it’s off the back of a big weekend of running and biking, however my legs felt really fresh this morning, so it was a nicely paced jaunt.

One thing of small significance that made me happy was that on the way down I claimed a 3rd place overall on a Strava segment. (it was only a very short one with not that many people doing it – but hey it’s still a 3rd place!)

The ride up home was a bit later than usual which meant a bit of a clearer run home and this combined with the fresh legs meant a good paced ride home.  In fact this was my fastest ride home ever.

All in all, a decent couple of rides.

Swimming (200M / 00:46:04)

No Coach tonight for swimming so I decided just to focus on endurance set for the 45 minutes.

I just focussed on being steady and visualising myself high in the water.  I’m sure I was still dragging my feet with low legs but it did seem to help a bit.

I did 2 X 750M and then 1 X 200M. It was a nice steady pace and felt really comfortable.

The best thing was that the splits were very even which means good pacing.

No comments:

Post a Comment