Powered By Blogger

Friday 17 June 2011

I've Just done something a bit mad!! Ironman Frankfurt July 2012.


Today has marked the start of a long time ambition.

I have entered Ironman Frankfurt on 8th July 2012.

For those that aren't sure what it is . . . some say it is the ultimate act of madness, others say it is the ultimate athletic challenge but I just think it looks like a lot of hard work and great fun along the way.

Swim 2.4 Miles - Cycle 112 Miles - Run 26.2 Miles - Total distance 140.6 miles in a cut off time of 15 hours.  Gulp!

A couple of friends are going to be doing it too, so we get to share the agony and hopefully the ecstasy.

I did a practice swim tonight at Glenarm ahead of the Triathlon tomorrow.  Pretty choppy water, and it has given me a real sense of what lies ahead.  So, the journey begins!



No comments:

Post a Comment