Powered By Blogger

Sunday 14 April 2013

No drink for whole week! That's commitment.

Saturday 13th April 2013

Running ( 8.50 Miles / 01:16:58 / 00:09:03 per mile / HR Zone 2)
With just about a week to go until the London Marathon this was another chance for a middle length run. 
A warm up run of 2 miles down to Wallace Park for the weekly Parkrun 5K.
I took it easy enough on the way down to the park and decided to step up the pace a little bit on the 5K run.  I didn't want to go full tilt as I'm not able to sustain a hard pace for 5K at the minute so I aimed at just over 8 min miles.

Official time gave me a time of 25.07 for the 5K so I was pretty happy with that average of 08.06 per mile.

Once the run was done I headed home via a bit of a different route and added another 3.5 miles on.  My legs started to feel pretty heavy with about a mile to go but I didn't really care.  I know that's just me not being used to going a bit quicker than normal.

Probably only 2 more runs before the big day and even more significantly, my last drink for a whole week!!!  Nightmare!

No comments:

Post a Comment