Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 30 April 2013

Parkrun and a swim. Belatedly.

Saturday 27th April 2013

Running (3.12 Miles / 00:24:21 / 00:07:48 per mile / HR Zone 4) Wallace Parkrun

This was the first run out since the London Marathon last Sunday.
Maybe I was feeling confident or maybe it was because any residual stiffness had worn off but I was feeling pretty good about doing a reasonable time at Parkrun.

I had set myself a goal of doing sub 8 min miles and coming in at 24 minutes.

Although I missed the 24 minute goal by 21 seconds, I did manage to run consistent sub 8 minute miles and Wallace is not the fastest of Parkruns, in fact, apart from one downhill stretch the whole thing feels like a gradual up-hill.

Splits for each mile were 7.34 / 7.57 / 7.56 and 7.10 for the last 0.12 miles. I just need to work on pacing the early stage of the race a bit better, or probably more importantly being bale to hold the pace better. I felt strong enough and worked through the tiredness. Over the last half mile.

I’m still a long way off my PB over 5K of 22.40 but it is at least coming back in to sight again.



Monday 29th April 2013

Swimming (1500M / 00:34:23) 18M Pool at Gym

A Quick swim during lunchtime today. I need to get more swimming in as the first Tri of the season is only under two weeks away on the 11th of May at Limavady.

Last time I did this one I managed a 1Hr30Min time and I would like to try and beat that this time around. It might be pie in the sky but I will have a go anyway.

Swim today went OK but once again my lack of foresight and preparation saw me feel hungry and a wee bit dizzy after about 1200M as I had not eaten anything all morning before going swimming.

When will I learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment