Powered By Blogger

Monday 19 May 2014

Make up your mind legs! Are you tired or not?

Monday 19th May 2014

Cycling (00:59:44 / 15.77 Miles / 15.90MPH / HRZ 2 / Cadence 78)

Just the normal commute which was a bit busy on the way down so slightly slower.
The run up home was decent enough despite the hard miles yesterday.

Swimming (2100M / 00:57:11)
Technique

The first few hundred metres tonight felt really hard.  I hadn't felt any ill effects from yesterday on my legs when I was cycling but that all changed when I started swimming.  The short kick session in the warm up was so tough.  My legs were burning and I thought I was going to struggle.

Lucky enough as the session progressed we moved on to sets of 5 X 100 at increasing pace and this went well for me. I managed to keep within the limits and felt pretty OK with it too.

Admittedly we only did 2100M so it was a short session but decent quality and made me feel a bit more confident about my pacing ahead of the Sprint Tri this Saturday.

I'm putting it out there that I am aiming for a 15 minute swim this weekend.  That will be my time to get out of the pool, not the run to transition or anything like that.  I will go for it in a controlled way.  Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment