Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 6 May 2014

Not much happening at the Giro d'Titanic yet but I'm pretty happy.

Tuesday 6th May 2014

Running (00:35:14 / 4.50 Miles / 00:07:49 per mile / HRZ 3)
Tempo Run

This lunchtime I ran with Brendan and David, both of whom are way faster than me, but we kept the pace reasonably sensible and decided to run over towards the Titanic Quarter to see if there was much going on ahead of the Giro d'Italia start on Friday.
The answer was not much other than a few people sorting out the Tented Village area and a few roadside posters and things going up.
The run itself went OK although I was happy to cut off and finish at 4.5 miles rather than tag another mile on.
Pace was pretty much what I had set out to do, so I am happy enough with the result although I would like to feel a bit stronger.

Cycling (01:17:46 / 17.44 Miles / 13.5MPH / HRZ 2 / Cadence 71) Elevation 660M
Pond Park Hills X 6

Back hitting the hills tonight and once again 6 was the magic number.
Six repeats up the hill with 660M of elevation and it actually went pretty well.
A couple of the repeats were a touch slower than I wanted but I was doing a bit of chatting for some of it with a few of the Boys who came out.

it's amazing to think that I used to think that four repeats was a good effort and I really looked forward to the 4th one as it was a killer but I knew it would all be over soon.
I do feel a lot stronger on the hills and possible even a bit faster, not that I'll ever be considered as a Mountain Goat, but it's all about little bits of improvement.

For the record the splits tonight were 8.09 / 8.02 / 8.27 / 8.14 / 8.28 / 8.42 - that's an average split of 8.20.  That's decent enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment