Powered By Blogger

Sunday 9 September 2012

Queen's Park Run 5K - A New PB

Saturday 8th September 2012

Running
(3.16 Miles / 00:22:39 / 00:07:11 per mile)










Another bash at the Queens Park Run, this time without Ben running with me.
I had hoped to give it a really good bash and do sub 23 minutes.

I went out hard and found it pretty tough going after a mile but at this stage the filed had sorted itself out pretty well and anyone who was going to pass me pretty much had done.
From here in it was really hard and I had to dig deep.  The good thing was that I started picking people off as I stayed strong even though it was hurting like hell and I pressed strong for the last half mile.

I almost felt ill as I crossed the line and was completely tubed.  It felt strangely good though.

I am pleased with the new PB and hope to maybe drop another minute off this by Christmas.  We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment