Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 18 September 2012

Toes crossed.

Tuesday 18th September
Cycling
01:12:01 / 17.43 Miles / 15.00 MPH / Cadence 85 RPM

I had planned to run in and out of work again today but I have developed a bit of a sore big toe joint and there is no way I could run on it.  Bugger!

So, I decided to get the Kuota out and cycle in to work and then home again this afternoon.

It was also an excuse to christen my new long sleeved cycling jersey from my favourite podcast, IM Talk.  It is a brilliant jersey and kept me warm on what was a chilly morning.

The ride down was great and I didn't get stopped at too many red lights. (Not that I went through them.  I am a responsible cyclist and do actually stop for red lights.)

The homeward stretch gave me a bit of an opportunity to do a wee bit longer and take a different route to add an extra couple of miles and a few more hills.  It felt fine but I was somewhat surprised at the slow average speed but then again I had a backpack on, it was all uphill and in to the wind, so maybe it wasn't too bad really.

I hope my toe gets better as I want to run tomorrow night.  I also plan to do about 2 - 2.5K in the pool at the gym tomorrow.

Fingers Toes Crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment