Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 11 September 2012

Running from work . . . and to it as well, to be fair.

Tuesday 11th September 2012

Running
7.75 Miles / 01:09:08 / 00:08:55 per Mile
7.75 Miles / 01:11:39 / 00:09:14 per Mile

No. I haven't gone mad and written my running details down twice.
I decided to do some thing a bit different today and run to work this morning . . . and home this evening too.
A grand total of 15.5 miles today. 
This morning there was a definite drop in temperature and it was probably the first morning that felt like we are sadly heading towards Autumn.  It wasn't long before I warmed up on the run in to Belfast.
I have never really run with a backpack on so I wasn't sure what to expect in terms of bouncing or rubbing or chafing.
As it turned out the pack was brilliant and the comfort was matched by the lack of rubbing.
I was delighted by the average pace when I got to Belfast and somewhat surprised as I hadn't bothered to check the time along the way and my pace felt comfortable.

I must admit that at the start of the run home my legs did not feel just as light as they had this morning.  In fact they felt a bit heavy and I was a bit slow to get in to a steady groove.
Even though the backpack had exactly the same stuff in it, it began to feel about 5lbs heavier.  It may have been that the fact that the run home is pretty much all up hill and I'm not used to doing longer miles at the moment.
In all honesty I think it is probably harder to do a 15 mile run split with a days' work in between than just go out and run 15 miles straight out.

From my point of view the good thing was that the run home only took a couple of minutes more than the downhill run this morning. It must have been all of the excitement of my daily work schedule that pushed me through!

Tired legs this evening alright.

I also had the pleasure to attend the opening meeting for Lisburn Triathlon Club tonight.  This is a brand new club and training sessions will begin week after next and I am really looking forward to being a member of the club,  It's always nice to be in on something like this from the start and it will be great to get the chance to get structured training with fellow triathletes.  I hope that it helps me to improve for next season.

1 comment:

  1. That is interesting news, a new Tri Club in Lisburn!

    ReplyDelete