Powered By Blogger

Friday 7 March 2014

Back in the pool and BIG Rats.

Wednesday 5th March 2014

Cycling (01:04:08 / 15.83 Miles / 14.85MPH / HRZ 2 / Cadence 70)

Not a bad commute to and from work.  Pretty steady either way and I’m pleased with my climb up the hill home again.

Swimming (01:00:00 / 2200M)
Club - Endurance Session

After taking some advice from our Coach Oliver via Facebook to MTFU, as he was on a training Camp in Lanzarote (probably drinking Mojitos at the pool bar while telling the guys to do another repeat up the Mirador del Haria) I decided that I had to get back in the pool and hit it hard.

I’m glad I did.  The session was tough and I think I did reasonably well and even managed in the final set to knock out a 1.47 / 100M and a 0.49 / 50M.

It’s nice to get the monkey off my back about the swimming and hopefully I can build on this.

Thursday 6th March

Running (01:51:34 / 12.80 Miles /00:08:43 pr mile / HRZ2)

The second race of our Club Duathlon Series is on again this weekend and as one of the organisers it means that I am unlikely to be able to get all that much training in on Sunday. So I reorganised by training schedule for the week which allows me to get my long cycle in on Saturday and then concentrate on organising a great race.

The reorganisation meant that I could squeeze my long run in as an extended commute home.  The aim was for roughly 13 miles and to bring it home in around 1.52 and remain comfortable with the pace throughout.

Ignoring some funny looks from my colleagues as I headed out of work clad in Lycra I hit the tow path for the run home.

It was a good run, even though it rained most of my way home and by 9 miles it was difficult enough to see as the light had faded.  Every so often I would get a glimpse of something scurrying across the path.  I tried to keep my mind off the prospect of rats running around my feet and focus on getting back to the Car which was left at the Train station in Lisburn.

Thank goodness I hadn’t read the article below before I was running in the dark with the critters around my feet.  I’d have had a fit if I had seen this sucker on the path.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2133818/Giant-rat-killed-pensioner-Brian-Watson-lump-wood-farm.html

I was happy enough with the run and I may have lost a few seconds per mile as I was being careful with my footing in the dark.  Maybe a wee bit slower than hoped but still fine.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment