Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 19 March 2014

Happy Birthday Ben, eating my body weight in Pizza and hitting the hills.

Tuesday 18th March 2014


Most important thing of all today is that I can now officially feel old. Ben turned 13 today, so I must be getting old when my youngest is a teenager.  Can I take this as an excuse to slow down and take things easy now?  Two teenagers in the house could be a lot of fun now!!
Judging by the amount of pizza that I ate at Villa Italia where we went to celebrate Ben's Birthday I had given up big time, but it was all worth it.


Running (00:33:00 / 4.30 Miles / 00:07:40 per mile / HRZ 2)
Tempo Run


I'm glad I did this run today because it helped to offset the massive calorie intake described above.
I didn't do the 10K run at lunch time as I am trying to protect my legs a bit ahead of Sufferfest-ival this weekend, so I dropped to my usual 4.3 mile route.
It went quite well but was a bit slower than the last time but interestingly this time it was in HR Zone 2 and not Zone 3.  That is encouraging.




Wednesday 19th March 2014


Cycling (00:54:52 / 11.49 Miles / 12.60 MPH / HRZ 2 / Cadence 72) 445M Elevation
PP Hills X 4


Up and at it early again for the hill repeats.
This week was the step up week from 3 repeats to 4 sets now. Maybe it was the knowledge that I would have to make the climb one more time than before or maybe I was just a bit tired, but my speed up the hill was definitely slower than last week.
It all felt reasonably OK with maybe just the last repeat getting tough towards the end.


Splits for each repeat were 9.14 / 9.04 / 9.11 / 9.32.  Slower but consistent.


Swimming (1950M / 00:56:35)
Endurance session


Arran described this as a plateau set where we would get towards a max effort on repeats and push hard to get off the plateau.
I'm not sure if I got off the plateau or was left dangling by a cord but it felt like a good session and I felt like I swam pretty well, albeit I'd like to feel a bit faster and fresher but there's still time for that to come along.



No comments:

Post a Comment