Powered By Blogger

Thursday 20 March 2014

The long and winding road home and preparing for Sufferfest-ival.

Thursday 20th March 2014


Running (02:06:04 / 14.25 Miles / 00:08:49 per mile / HRZ 2)


The long and winding road is probably the best description of my run home from work today.
Because of doing Sufferfest-ival this Saturday I had to get my long run in this week a bit earlier, so I decided to run home from work.  Unfortunately the run home would only be eight miles, so I had to create a bit of a circuitous route home and that was a bit of a mind bender as I seemed to be doubling back on myself a bit.


The weather once again conspired to kick me in the nuts and I managed to have rain pretty much the whole way home.  Wonderful!


On a very positive note, I set out with a plan to take the run at a very controlled pace and aim for 9 minute miles and keep it comfortable.  I executed the plan perfectly and kept the pace and Heart Rate well under control and in fact I only had one mile split over 9 minutes and that was because I stopped to give someone directions as they were lost.


The last mile or so was good and as I felt fresh I pushed on the pace a wee bit but kept it controlled as that was the objective today.


Job done and I was glad to get in to a hot shower when I got in.


Rest day tomorrow and then the mother of all challenges on Saturday.  SUFFERFEST-IVAL!!!


Along with five of my club mates, on Saturday we will undertake 10 back to back Sufferfest Cycle training videos.  This is a massive effort and will see us in the saddle for close to 14 hours all in and cover around 200 miles on the Turbo trainers.


We are hoping to raise £1000 for Cystic Fibrosis, so if anyone can spare a few £s please donate on:


https://www.justgiving.com/Lisburntriclub-1/





No comments:

Post a Comment