Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 27 February 2013

"Bear" basics.


Monday 25th February 2013

Cycling (00:30:000 Turbo Session)

Unfortunately my Garmin did not register my speed or distance on this session tonight for some reason.  (Although I am sure it was probably an average of at least 30 mph!! Just to cause panic among my Club mates ahead of the Club Time Trial this Sunday!!!)  The reality is that I will have been lucky to average 20 mph.

I was taking the opportunity to further refine my position on the bike in the aero position with the new bars and to try and get a wee bit of time trialling practice in as I haven’t really done any for quite a while now.

I am looking forward to the Time Trial on Sunday morning as it will be a good chance to have a short blast on the bike on a pretty flat and fast route, albeit one which sometimes is like a wind tunnel.

My position is getting better on the bike and by raising the stem I can stay aero and comfortable for a bit longer than before. Of course aero is relative.  Mine been relative to a bear on a bike as opposed to the Praying Mantis build of some of the other guys.  Basically I block a lot more wind than some of the tiny guys.


My Achilles and foot injury seem to have healed up well with some rest and I’m thinking of giving a wee run a go over the next few days.  We’ll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment