Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 20 February 2013

Pretty busy in the pool today.

Wednesday 20th February 2013

Swimming (2000M / 00:48:39) 18M Pool at Gym
I'm sorry to say that this was a lunch time swim today instead of the planned 6AM swim as I just couldn't get out of bed.  I don't know how I managed to do so many early mornings last year.  I suppose I was just more motivated than I am now.

The good news was that the swim itself felt really good and the time is significantly better than my last 2K swim.  Partly this is down to being in the shorter pool but hopefully it is just a wee bit of swim fitness returning.

I'm even more pleased as I had to get out of the pool half way through and put my contact lens back in again as it came out in a waterlogged goggle.  The bloody things are still leaking.

The start of the swim was pretty cramped as there were 5 of us in about 2 lane widths but thankfully after 10 minutes or so it thinned out a bit.  At least it was somewhat of a simulation of a triathlon swim.



No comments:

Post a Comment