Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 19 February 2013

Shorter than I hoped.

Friday 15th February 2013

Swimming (1600M / 00:35:52) 18M Pool at Gym

I had hoped to get a 2000M swim done at lunchtime today but after having a bit of a chat before getting in to the water I simply ran out of time, so settled on the old faithful 1600M.
Why 1600M?
Because in the 18M pool it is 90 lengths ? Nice and easy to remember and it is pretty much a mile. It?s nice to say I swam a mile at lunchtime. Not many people do that. Apart from other triathletes or swimmers! I was a wee bit slower than I expected but I?m not all that concerned about it as it felt very comfortable and I know there was a bit more in the tank.

The Road to endurance is back on again.

I collected my bike last night from Velo Cafe Magasin after they fitted my new Carbon TT Handlebars and bar end shifters and brakes. Nice new red bar tape and red cables and the bike is looking sharp

All I need to do now is change the winter tyres off it and out on the Red Schwalbe Ultremo ZXs and she is ready to roll at the Sportsman's Duathlon on Sunday.

The bike may be ready to go but will I? The Achilles has been good since my punishing at the hands of Laureen the Physio. I am Kinesio taped up and hopefully ready to roll ? so fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment