Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 27 February 2013

Trials and tribulations. Time Trials that is!

Wednesday 27th February 2013

Swimming (00:56:21 / 1950Metres)

Back in the pool at the crack of dawn again. ( I don't even know dawn but she's always out with her crack at this time of the morning it seems!)
The session today was designed to measure and understand my Threshold Swim pace using a couple of Time Trials over 400M and 200M.
It was a bit complicated but here it is:

300M Warm up
6 X 50M Drills
150M Build
50M Easy
400M Time Trial
3 X 50m Drills
150M Build
50M Easy
200M Time Trial
200M Cool down

Then the fun bit - calculating everything
400M TT - 549 secs (9min 9secs)
200M TT - 272 secs (4min 32secs)
Threshold Speed = 200/(549-272) = 0.722M/sec
100M Speed 2min 18secs.

So that tells me quite a lot but I'm not all that sure what to do with it to be honest and I will have to rely on the expertise of Coach Oliver Harkin to tell us what the hell to do with it.

The swim felt pretty good apart from the leg kicks in the drills - I am hopeless at kicking and really don't like it.

Cycling (00:54:08 / 15.73 Miles / 17.40 MPH / HR Zone 2 / Avg Cadence 78rpm)

With the Club Time Trial coming up on Sunday I thought I would do a test run on the course so that I would at least have some sort of idea as to a potential time to aim for on Sunday.
It went pretty well and I was pleased with the split for the Time Trial section which I got at about 9.5 miles.
I'm not disclosing my time just in case it frightens all of the boys and girls in the Club!! (Or more likely makes them dislocate a rib laughing at me. Actually that might be an idea.)

The adjustments on the bike set up went well and raising the stem and changing the arm rests to the old wider ones from my other TT bars worked well and were definitely more comfortable.

I was also back to the Physio this afternoon and Laureen worked her magic again.  Things had been improving but the deep pressure inflicted on my Calf muscle by Laureen's sharp elbows has loosened me up even more.
Fingers crossed the improvement continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment