Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 13 March 2013

14 days later and I'm feeling a bit more bling. Thanks Usain.

Wednesday 13th March 2013

It's been about 2 weeks since I have been able to do any exercise because of the litany of lower limb injuries.
I'm pleased to say that I am feeling quite a bit better and most injuries are feeling much improved on where they were this time 2 weeks ago.
The state of play is that the Achilles is feeling pretty good, albeit that I have not run on it, but walking even hurt before, so this is a good thing.
The foot injuries seem to have alternated between feet and at the moment both are feeling not too bad.

In getting to this point I have endured some pain at he Physio and a session on Acupuncture.  This was more painful than I expected.  Another learning experience.

I am really hopeful that another couple of days rest will see the improvements continue.
I resisted the temptation to do the Tri Club 400M Swim Time Trial tonight.  I was so keen to do this but I promised a two week break and I am sticking to the plan.

I finally managed to get a pair of trainer that I can fit my over-sized big flat feet orthotic inserts in to.

I opted for the Puma FAAS 800.  They're pretty bright white and orange and the sole is a bit of a flashy glossy shade but I'm sure it will not be too long before the wear and tear and general dirt of running takes the bling off them.


I've never had Puma trainers before and I am eager to see how they go. If they're good enough for Usain Bolt, they're good enough for me.
They get really good reviews in most articles that I read and above all, they were about £30 below normal retail price in my favourite shop TK Maxx.  Bargain.

I had a walk in them tonight just to try them out and the new Orthotics.  The orthotics feel really weird and a bit uncomfortable to start with.  This is only to be expected I suppose as they are creating an arch in my foot where one doesn't exist.

My aim is to ease myself back in again at the new Wallace Parkrun in Lisburn on Saturday with a very gentle 5K, an easy bike on Sunday and all being well a longish run of about 15 miles next week at some stage.

I must say that I am feeling more optimistic than I was a couple of weeks ago anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment