Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 27 March 2013

No leaks and a withdrawal

Wednesday 27th March 2013
Swimming (1500M / 00:34:22) 18M Pool at Gym

Quick swim at lunchtime today and thankfully the leaky goggles were not a feature. The new ones were perfect and amazingly clear vision through them. It is surprising how scratched and scuffed up the old ones become without even noticing it.

Swim felt decent enough. I know there is no pace there but it could be argued that there never was any pace to start with!
I can live with that as endurance is the key for me at the minute and I can work on the pace a little bit.

I have made the decision to withdraw from the Tri an Mhi Half Iron Distance race in May.
This was a tough decision as I loved the race last year and was really looking forward to it. However my training has been so badly interrupted this year that I know I don’t have it in me to do the 70.3 miles by the 18th of May.
I am disappointed but sure that it’s the right call.
I am now considering the same distance at a race at the start of June. This gives me an extra 2 or 3 weeks to work on the cycling and a bit of extra time to recover from the London Marathon. (if I’m able to run it OK.)

No comments:

Post a Comment