Powered By Blogger

Monday 18 March 2013

Cycling from Fatsville.

Sunday 17th March 2012

Cycling (02:31:19 / 36.25 Miles / 14.40 MPH / Avg Cadence 72rpm)
It was fantastic to get out on the Club Sunday run.  It was especially good as many people made the effort to get out and there were probably about 20 of us.

The route chosen by Arran was undulating and for me at this state of fitness was challenging enough.
In all it turned out to be just under 700m of elevation, of which I can honestly say I felt every Metre of it.

Somewhat stupidly on my part I thought I would cope OK but I can't believe how my cycling fitness has completely gone.  Not just weakened, but it dumped the bike at the side of the road and got the express train to Fatsville.  In the words of Baldrick in Balckadder, "Gone like an old oak table!"

At least I know that I can only get better.

I would bloody need to as I have a Half Iron distance race coming up in Mid May and the thought of even riding 56 miles is daunting and that's not even considering having to get off and run a Half Marathon.

It was brilliant to be out with all the gang- even if I only saw the back of pretty much all of them.  We had a great wee spread of coffee, scones and Danish at The Hillside in Hillsborough near the end and that was just what I needed.

I fear that progress may be slow, but progress is progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment