Powered By Blogger

Sunday 24 March 2013

The Road uphill on "The Dreadmill" for two and a half hours.

Sunday 24th March 2013

Running (Dunno Miles / 02:30:00 / Dunno pace / HR Zone 2 81% Max)

Bloody snow.
Typically as I feel fit enough to tackle another long run this weekend, the fantastic Northern Ireland Spring weather kicks in and we have over a foot of snow all over the place, making it pretty much impossible to get a long run done safely. (although I have seen some people out running, which is great but I don't want to risk it.)

I bit the bullet and cranked up the treadmill in the garage and got running.
My aim today had I been outside running was to cover 16 miles or so, so I reckoned that even taking it easy I should be running for about 2hrs 30 mins.

I loaded a great DVD on which I can certainly recommend.



I really enjoyed this film.  I enjoy the behind the scenes films for cycling and most sports and this one was pretty good.  i always quite liked the Schleck brothers but the film gave me a new respect for them and an appreciation of how important they are to eachothers' career and performance.

Sadly the film only killed an hour and half so I killed off the last hour with some more Sons of Anarchy.

I am very pleased at how my run went.  Accepting that a run on "Dreadmill" is never going to be the same as running outside, I am still happy to have had the time on my feet.  I am guessing that I probably did at least 16 miles and possibly 17 and rather pleasingly my Heart rate stayed pretty much in control.

At the minute the best I can do is to aim for a long run each week for the next 3 weeks, hope not to disintegrate and make it to the London Marathon start line with a chance of getting round the course.  No matter how long it takes.

4 weeks to go.  Let's see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment