Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 28 September 2011

It's Kona be a good one!

Wednesday 28th September 2011

Swimming
1500M - 00:36:38 in 18M pool at Gym.
This swim went OK today - thankfully after the last disaster in the pool last week.

Cycling
16.0 Miles - 01:10:13 (13.67mph / HR ?bpm Z? ?% of Max HR / Cadence 80rpm)

Cycle to and from work today.  This was a pretty enjoyable couple of rides.  The weather stayed nice, and was actually quite warm on the way home.
I am pleased with the way my climbing legs are improving - the BIG hill on the way home passed pretty easily today and I was able to go up it in a couple of gears higher then previously.

On a different note.
It is just over 1 week to go until the Ironman World Champs from Kona in Hawaii. (8th October)  I am getting pretty excited about this as it is just incredible what these guys are capable of in extreme heat and humidity,

My predictions are:
Andreas Raelert (Current men's wprld record holder)

Chrissie Wellington (Current Women's world record holder and 3 times past winner and never beaten in an Ironman)

I am even going to stick my neck out and predict a 1-2-3 for the UK, with Julie Dibbens and Rachel Joyce picking up 2nd and 3rd - we shall see!!

You can watch it live on the weblink :  http://ironmanworldchampionship.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment