Powered By Blogger

Saturday 10 September 2011

Limp Wristed Brick

Friday 9th September 2011

Cycling
21.01 Miles - 01:18:55 (16.00mph / HR 138bpm Z2 76% of Max HR / Cadence 81rpm)
21miler from home to Magheralin and back.  The route is almost completely flat, so I am a bit disappointed with the average speed, but there was quite a bit of traffic on the road and especially on the road in to Moira.

I used this ride to practice a bit more in the aero position and time trial it. I have discovered that spending any length of time down in the aero bars causes my left shoulder and wrist to get a bit sore.  Limp wristed I hear you say!!  In my defence I need to get set up properly on the bike and I think I will go for a Retul Bike fitting. It is meant to be the Puppy's twitcher.  I reckon it will be worth it as I will be spending a lot of time on the bike over the coming year and I want to make sure I have the right set up and am as comfortable as I can be and am getting the most efficient power out of the bike. (by the way it is not me in the picture!!)
















Running
1.66 Miles - 00:15:00 (9:06 per mile / HR 154bpm Z2 85% Max)

Added a quick run straight after the bike to make up a brick session.  This felt very comfortable and easy within the Heart Rate zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment