Powered By Blogger

Monday 19 September 2011

Rain, Sausages and touching cloth - all in a day's training

Monday 19th September 2011

Swimming
1600M - 00:36:05 in 18M pool at Gym.
Session in the pool at Lunchtime - pretty enjoyable and I could have gone on a bit longer but had no time.

Running
3.00 Miles - 00:28:48 (9.36 per mile / HR 154bpm Z2 85% Max)
Decided to go for a short run in the pi$$1ng rain this evening after Keara had been to Zumba.  I was really just trying to loosen the legs a bit more after the trauma of the football on Friday night.  Happy with the run but suffered from repeating Chorizo sausage from my dinner.  Not a pleasant thing at all, but it did taste good first time around.


Only 4 days to go until the Strangford Tri - I am getting a bit nervous about it now as this will be the longest distance I have covered in a Tri - I hope that the swim will be OK even though it is across the Narrows - the bike is 80K (50 Miles) and that is the worrying bit - having to then run 8K (5 miles) after it.
I really hope the weather stays calm too.

Score on the Touching Cloth "O" meter -7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment