Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 6 September 2011

I've got really bad wind!

Tuesday 6th September 2011

Cycling
16.05 Miles - 01:15:28 (13.65 mph / HR 129bpm Z2 71% of Max HR / Cadence ??rpm)
Truly a tale of two rides.

I cycled to work today and the ride down in to Belfast this morning was fantastic. Despite the weather looking a bit dodgy it turned out pretty good and stayed dry and pleasant. the ride took only 27 mins and the Heart rate was well under control.  The only minor blip was almost falling off the bike turning in to work as I hit a bit of a wet patch on a patched up bit of shiny tarmac.  Luckily I managed to catch it and stay up! Phew!

Now.... the ride home was horrendous!
The wind had picked up more than considerably - it was blowing a bloody gale.
I was cycling up the Lisburn Road directly in to the wind and my backpack was acting like a sail on my back and catching the wind.  then I would get hit with the side winds and was almost blown over about 5 times.  I was actually pretty scared and thought I was going to end up under a Bus.
I am not ashamed to say that I rode on the pavement up the hill for the last 1.5 miles as the wind was really dangerous and I didn't want to risk getting blown under a car.
What started out as a training ride home turned into just being pleased to get home.
The fact that it took me 48 mins to get home, compared to 37 mins last time coming back tells the story.
I am however, pleased that I still did it in that time and my Hear trate stayed reasonably under control.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - I hope that is true.

Swimming
1000M - 00:24:24 in 18M pool at the Gym.
Got in a swim at lunch time today. It was meant to be yesterday but the pool was closed as apparently it was leaking.
Happy enough with the session and I was focusing on stroke count and stretching out the stroke.  i was delighted to be consistently averaging 14 strokes for the 18M lengths.  I would love to be able to bring this down to 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment