Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 20 September 2011

My Helmet is fine thanks.

Tuesday 20th September 2011

Cycling
15.02 Miles - 00:49:02 (18.4mph / HR 146bpm Z2 80% of Max HR / Cadence 84rpm)


Decided to have a bit of a bash at a time trial type ride this evening. (inspired by watching the Time Trial in the World Champs in Copenhagen on at the moment - Eurosport if you are interested - good stuff!)

I am delighted at the outcome - the speed was good and pretty consistent throughout, Heart Rate was within zone and the cadence was high.  overall a really pleasing run.

The only thing was that it was getting dark and there were long stretches of the route with no lighting - so there were a few "close" moments with kerbs in the dark - but I got through it unscathed.

Actually that nearly wasn't true.
Coming out of my garage on the way out for the ride, the garage door came down and clunked me on the head - thankfully I was wearing my helmet - so they are worth using.  Even in the privacy of your own home if not out on the road. Luckily no damage to my helmet!

As an aside - this article appeared in the Belfast Telegraph about a man who caught a Shark in Strangford Lough - this is where I will be swimming on Saturday! Gulp!!

Score on the Touching Cloth "O" meter -11/10 - I wasn't expecting Sharks aswell!!

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/fisherman-sammy-lands-5ft-shark-in-strangford-lough-16052293.html

No comments:

Post a Comment